Who doesn’t love opening a new door on their advent calendar every morning in December? And at Unlocking the Severn we especially love unlocking and opening things!
So, to help you get in the festive #fishmas spirit, everyday 1 – 25 December we invite you to open a door onto a new view through our fish window. This way, we can use 25 days of festive fishes to celebrate the amazing fish of the Severn that have used our fish pass in its first year, via sharing a new clip form our Diglis Fish Pass window each day!
Once you’ve watched the short video clip, answer the fish-themed quiz question for your chance to be entered into a free prize draw to win an exclusive VIP tour of our Diglis Fish Pass – for you and up to 14 of your friends and family!
Visit the Festive Fishes calendar here: https://www.unlockingthesevern.co.uk/advent-calendar
Terms and Conditions
Free Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
- The prize draw is being run by Unlocking the Severn (UTS) which is a project being delivered by partners: Canal & River Trust, Severn Rivers Trust, Environment Agency, and Natural England. Unlocking the Severn staff employed by Canal & River Trust will be running this promotion.
Eligibility to enter
- The prize draw is open to entrants over 16 years of age (Unlocking the Severn staff and their household members are excluded from the draw).
- In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- The prize draw is free to enter.
How to enter
- Entrants must visit our Festive Fishes Calendar and watch the video clip behind the festive fishes windows and correctly answer the quiz question afterwards. A new window will be opened each day 1 – 25 December 2021. Every person who provides the correct answer to the quiz question each day will have the opportunity to submit their email address to enter the draw.
- You can enter the prize draw as many times as you like.
- To enter the prize you must also subscribe to our Unlocking the Severn email newsletter list, but you can unsubscribe at any time.
- UTS will not accept responsibility if email address provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
- The prize will be a personalised tour of the Diglis Fish Pass for up to 15 people. The prize winner will have full responsibility for inviting and coordinating with their chosen guests. The personalised tour will begin on Diglis Island where the group will be introduced to the project and shown the converted Victorian workshop. You will then have a guided walk around to the Diglis fish pass (10–15-minute walk) where you will be invited down into the viewing gallery to look through the window in the belly of the pass.
- No travel or accommodation expenses are included in the prize. It is the responsibility of the prize winner and their chosen guests to get themselves to and from Diglis, Worcester, UK on the agreed date for the tour.
- Due to the location across lock gates and steps within the fish pass viewing gallery, accessibility limitations do apply, please see our full accessibility statement here: Diglis Island Access Statement
- The winner will be drawn at random on 04.01.22 and will be emailed by [email protected]
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered. The VIP visit for up to 15 people must be claimed by 15th April. It is offered as only ONE visit for up to 15 people and cannot be taken as several visits for smaller numbers. A mutually agreeable date must be agreed for the tour, subject to availability of the fish pass gallery and UTS staff. UTS undertakes to offer 3 potential weekend dates between January and April and anticipates having have much more flexibility to offer many more potential weekday visit dates.
- We reserve the right to change the dates offered if flooding, or restrictions due to COVID-19 pandemic make this necessary. We may also require the use of facemasks subject to public pandemic guidance at the time.
- The decision of UTS regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- If the winner is aged 16 or 17 years, a responsible adult must attend with them on the VIP visit, and they must have express permission of their parent/carer to attend.
- The winner will be notified via email on or after 04.01.22. The winner will have 14 days to respond to the UTS email, acknowledging receipt, they will forfeit their right to the prize, and UTS reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
Data protection and publicity
- Entrants consent to any personal information they provide in entering the prize draw being used by UTS for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy notice.
- Non-identifiable details of the winner (e.g., first name, nearest town of residence) will also be published on www.unlockingthesevern.co.uk.
- The winner agrees to the release of their first name and nearest town of residence on www.unlockingthesevern.co.uk.
- All personal information shall be used in accordance with Canal & River Trust Privacy Notice.
Limitation of Liability
- UTS does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize, save that UTS does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
- UTS does not provide any form of practical or IT support for this prize.
- UTS reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.