We are offering a 1-week, Worcester-based work experience opportunity for 3 students currently studying in year 12.
During the week you will get involved with a wide range of activities led by different project staff. These will include but are not limited to:
• Conservation through STEM – an introduction to the epic engineering taking place and a tour of the Diglis fish pass and viewing window
• Practical conservation tasks such as riverfly monitoring
• Career workshops with support in writing your own CV and developing interview skills
• Social media workshops with a follow-up task of writing a blog about your experience
• Completion of a logbook through the week to record what you have learned and which you can keep to support any future job or university applications
• Opportunities to network with our skilled and experienced project staff
• Be awarded with a certificate of completion at the end of the week
Monday 5th – Friday 9th July 2021
The placement is based at Diglis Island in Worcester. You will need to arrange your own transport to and from the site each day.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email [email protected] to request an application pack.
All completed applications must be returned by 5pm on Sunday 6th June 2021