A unique one-off volunteering opportunity at Diglis Fish Pass in Worcester. Enter the drained fish pass in waders and see it from an entirely new perspective! Take in the incredible feat of engineering from within. Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in scrubbing the gallery viewing window and LED panel. You can write your names on the dirty window and we will snap a pic for you.
What’s in it for you?
This is a special opportunity to see Diglis Fish Pass from within! You will get a real sense of satisfaction once you’ve cleaned the dirty window, used to help scientific monitoring of the fish through the fish pass, and the photo as a memento to remember this experience.
What skills are we looking for?
No prior skills are needed – just lots of energy and enthusiasm!
The fish pass clean will take place on a week day, every 1-2 weeks and can only take place if the weather and river conditions are suitable. For this reason, once you have registered interest we will get in contact with you to arrange further details for this unique volunteering opportunity.
– Only suitable for volunteers 16+
– Fish pass and gallery are only accessible via steps
– This volunteering opportunity is a one off and is ideal for 2-3 people per session.
– It will take around 1 ½ hours.
– Once you have registered interest we will get in contact with you to arrange further details for your unique volunteering opportunity.
– Due to varying environmental conditions you may need to be flexible with your dates to attend the session.
– All training and equipment will be provided and you will be supervised at all times
Get Stuck In!